The Golix token sale was launched on the 1st of June 2018, starting a campaign to raise US$32 million through the sale of the Golix token (tagged as the GLX token).
As a cryptocurrency startup with continental ambitions, Golix is extending an opportunity to the public to be part of its plans to roll out an infrastructure for cryptocurrency trade across Africa.
In addition to the whitepaper and other types of information that Golix has shared about the token sale and the GLX token, there are also tutorials that are being shared to lay out simple, step-by-step processes that anyone can follow to take part in the sale.
This article is one such tutorial, offering directions on one of the primary activities of the token sale – the actual buying of the GLX token. It follows a previous tutorial on registering a Golix token sale account which you can read by following this link.
Here are the steps to follow when buying GLX tokens in the Golix token sale.
How to buy GLX Tokens
- Log in to your account on tokensale.golix.com
- If you had not entered wallet details when you registered your account click on Settings, and enter the Ether wallet address that you would like to receive the tokens to. If you do not have one you have to create an Ether wallet. You can use any of the 7 wallets that are being used for the token sale (Note – You need to use an Ether Wallet which provides you with private keys. This means that a wallet from an exchange cannot be used for the token sale)
- Click Save and return to the previous page
- Select the payment currency you are using; either Ethereum (ETH) or Bitcoin (BTC)
- Select one of three options on the range of GLX tokens you want to reserve under the heading labelled “How many tokens would you like to reserve”. A dialogue box underneath will indicate the maximum value of the tokens you are reserving. It will also show any discount you are receiving. (If you haven’t added your Ether wallet details or your completed account verification you will also see notices to that effect)
- Agree to GLX Token Sale Terms and Conditions & CoinCart Terms of Service by checking in the relevant boxes
- Click on the tab labelled “Continue to payment”. This will automatically take you to a new page that lets you specify how much you want to purchase.
- Enter the amount that you would like to purchase.
- Make your payment by either by pasting in your Ethereum Return Address address or scanning the QR code displayed
- Complete your payment and wait for the payment to reflect