Golix recently launched its token sale, kicking off a US$32 million – 54-day capital raise that will end on the 25th of July 2018. The token sale is open to the general public and anyone who registers and qualifies can also buy the Golix token (stylised as GLX token)
There is already a wealth of information on the Golix token sale and the GLX token and you can find this content on this blog and on the Golix website.
This article also contributes to the information on the Golix token sale, providing a simple step by step process on how you can take part in the token sale, starting with the first important step – setting up an account for the token sale.
Please note – Opening an account for the token sale is a necessary requirement for everyone interested in participating. Even holders of Golix cryptocurrency exchange accounts will need a token sale account if they want to take part.
How to set up a Golix Token Sale Account
- Go to the Token Sale main page – https://tokensale.golix.com
- Register by entering a valid email address and password with at least eight (8) characters (IMPORTANT TO NOTE – you should have a unique, strong password that you do not share with anyone else)
- You will automatically be directed to the page for buying the GLX token. This page has a CoinCart logo at the top left corner. This is the technical partner providing the platform that is being used for the Golix Token sale.
- This page also has a tab for verification labelled as “Verify identity”. You should click on this tab and fill out the necessary details that will be used for Know Your Customer (KYC) purposes. This process is not a prerequisite for buying the GLX token but it will be necessary for you to have your tokens released to you when the sale ends.
- On this page you can select the currency you want to use as payment for the GLX tokens (Bitcoin and Ether); the amount of tokens you want to reserve ie pay for; the link to the token sale terms and conditions and CoinCart Terms of Service – both of which you need to agree with before proceeding; as well as a list of any past purchases.
- It is necessary to have an Ether wallet which will hold the currency that you will use for buying the GLX token and an Ethereum Return Address which will hold the GLX tokens when they are released. If you do not have these you should also set these up at this stage. (PLEASE NOTE – You cannot use ether wallets and return addresses from cryptocurrency exchanges, including Golix. You have to set up a separate wallet and 7 types of wallets are being accepted for the Golix token sale)
- After going through these steps you will be ready to buy GLX tokens.
Do you have any questions about the Golix token sale or how to be part of it? Please let us know in the comments section below.